Unlike other social networking sites, LinkedIn is a professional networking site. Facebook and Twitter tricks wouldn’t help you much as LinkedIn has an entirely different audience, structure and content. So if you want to get traffic from LinkedIn you have to first understand how LinkedIn works and what makes people tick here.
LinkedIn is not a chatting or friendship site, it’s for a serious group of people who share their professional expertise, skills, knowledge and more in order to evolve in their career. It is used for professional networking, job searching, business opportunity and more. You can judge the importance of LinkedIn with the fact that it produces 4 times more leads than Facebook and Twitter (According to Hubspot Report). Most of the fortune 500 companies are present on LinkedIn. Businesses use this platform effectively to engage with people and hire qualified professionals.
Here are the 5 ways to expand your business using LinkedIn
1. Know Your Audience – LinkedIn has 300+ million users across the world and this number is rapidly growing. You can easily find out your target audience using keywords in the search bar of LinkedIn, further you can narrow down your search results with the help of the advanced search option. You can sort user as per their location, interest, profession, company and more.
2. Publish Blog at LinkedIn Plus – Few years ago only LinkedIn influencers were allowed to post blogs, but now anyone with a LinkedIn account can use this powerful feature. It empowers you to market your products, show your skills, promote your brand and more. With the help of blogging, you can expand your reach and visibility, create a buzz, get leads, acquire new customers a more. To exploit maximum benefit from LinkedIn Pulse post useful and quality content regularly.
3. People Engagement – Engagement is the foundation of success on social media. Just posting links and content would not help you until you drive traffic to it. People will consume and share your content when they feel a sense of attachment. Whatever content you use make it personal because conversational blogs do well on social sites as they are simple and contain a personal touch.
4. Group Discussions – LinkedIn has thousands of groups based on industry, skills and interests. Joining relevant groups will increase your reach and more people will know about your company and its products. In groups, you can help people by resolving their queries, at the same time you can also market your product.
5. Paid Membership & Ads – LinkedIn advertising is a good way of reaching a huge number of target customers in a short time. A premium account gives you more options to extract valuable insights and find the right people. With a premium subscription, you can see the complete list of your profile viewers, send inmails and do many things.
LinkedIn is useful for both individual and businesses. A person can network contacts, search jobs, show his skills and more. LinkedIn has enabled businesses to hire right people for various profiles, further it has emerged as an effective platform for marketing and promotion.
This guest post is written by Kathleen Collins
With a degree in IT, Kathleen Collins has worked with the top hosting companies for over a decade. Currently she works with Hosting Reviewed, providing an in-depth evaluation of the various hosting companies listed. You can follow her @Twitter.