I am currently managing one of my European clients adwords account. Moreover, I am managing on page and off page optimization for that site. Let’s say he hired me for complete SEO (Adwords, SEO, Social Media Marketing, etc.) job. My client’s website is on Magento platform. To be very honest I am not very good at Magento but as I am very quick learner, I am managing fine!
Anyway, let me come to the point. I have successfully installed adwords conversion code, verified website in Webmaster Tool account, Google Analytics and Alexa. It’s funny that you always need extensions or modules to install something in Magento. I have also linked Google Analytics with Google Adwords. Then I created Goals (website is multilingual so created several goals based on languages) in Analytics. Ecommerce settings is also enabled in analytics and fortunately within a week we have seen conversions in adwords and goals in analytics. But the fact is all those goals are showing in USD ($) instead of Euro (€). Euro (€) is the default currency for my client’s site but Google Analytics default currency is USD ($) so we are receiving everything in USD ($). My client didn’t ask me to change the currency settings but it was kind of itching me! So I search in Google “How to Change Currency Settings in Google Analytics“. Thanks to Google that I found helpful article from them about this and successfully made the change in Google Analytics. For future references I am writing this article! Hope it would help some of you too to change currency settings in Google Analytics
Here are the steps to Change Currency in Google Analytics
1. Log into your Google Analytics Account. If you manage multiple accounts then you will see a list. You need to choose the specific one for which you want to change the currency settings.
2. Click on the Admin tab. If you didn’t choose the account (for which you want to change the currency settings) in the 1st step then it’s the time to choose that account. Google Analytics allows us to have multiple accounts (100 to be accurate) 🙂 under a single Gmail account. So please choose that account now.
3. And then click on “View Settings”
4. Scroll down and you will see “Currency displayed as” option. Click on the drop down box and select your desired currency.
5. Finally you need to click on “Save” button. Voila! Check your account now. You have successfully changed currency in Google Analytics!